The State must repay you for any expenses you had while taking part in the criminal proceedings. This includes, for example, expenses for travelling to court, food or accommodation. If you are a witness in the trial, the police must pay these expenses. You can ask the police station superintendent about expenses. They might be able to give you money in advance to ensure you make it to court. The right to expenses does not cover your costs for when you make a statement about a criminal offence at the police station.

I was a victim of crime Victim's rights Criminal court proceedings Who is who

Support services Useful contacts Glossary

Top Map Exit